When you're ready to share your company content internally, we recommend you take the following approaches to notify your Viewers:
If you're using SSO
After SSO has been enabled and you've given your users access to the connected Vimeo app, you'll be ready to notify your Viewers. You simply need to send them to your Video Library or showcase.
- To share content internally, we recommend you direct users to Video Library. These are the steps to log into Video Library
- While showcases are primarily used for external content, you can set them up behind SSO for a simpler landing page experience. Here are the steps to log into a showcase with SSO.
If you're using email and passwords for non-SSO Viewers
If you'd like to add users who aren't managed by your SSO identity provider, you can add your users as Viewers to your Team to utilize an email and password to log in. As soon as they're added, they will receive an invitation email which prompts them to create a Vimeo account. They can't access your Video Library or showcase until you've added them to the team and provided the URL where they should log in. To avoid any user confusion, we recommend communicating to all of your users before they're added to your Team so they know what to expect.
Here's some sample email language you can use to describe the process to them.
We'll soon be moving our videos and live video events to Vimeo. A Vimeo account will be required for you to view our content. Within the next 48 hours, you can expect to receive an email invitation to create a Vimeo account with your work email address.
When you receive it, please follow the below directions:
- The email will come from email@example.com and will include an "Accept Invite" link. Please click the link to continue.
- Create an account on Vimeo with the email address to which you received the invite.
- Hold tight! Now that your account is created, wait for us to share the link to our Vimeo content. You'll then be able to log in and view!