Migrating Content to Vimeo
I have existing content that I would like to add to my new Vimeo Enterprise account. Will I need to upload each individually?
The Vimeo Solutions team can help you seamlessly migrate your content from Vimeo, Livestream, or a publicly accessible URL to your new Vimeo account. We will work with you to coordinate the ingestion of your content, depending on how your existing library is stored.
1) I already use Vimeo or Livestream to store my content, how do we kick-off the migration?
Before we are able to perform the migration, we will need to confirm a few details with you:
- The current Vimeo or Livestream account where your videos are stored
- You can identify your account by giving us the email address associated with that account.
- Note: We will not require the password to this login
- The total number of videos currently stored within your existing Vimeo or Livestream account — whether set to be available or unavailable
- Note: This is necessary to estimate how long the migration will take
Once the above information is received, your Technical Program Manager will schedule the migration with our Solutions Engineers. The migration will generally be started within 5 business days. When the migration begins, the completion timing is based on how many files are being ingested.
When a content migration is performed from Vimeo or Livestream, please be aware of the following:
- For Livestream content migrations, existing videos within your account will be copied into your Vimeo CMS using the largest source-file video bitrate available. This will not impact your current account and videos will continue to be located within your existing account.
- For Vimeo content migrations, we will move the videos from the original account to the new account. All videos will be located in the new account and will no longer appear in the original account.
- Vimeo is not able to migrate a specific selection of videos. All videos located within your Vimeo or Livestream account will be copied over into your Vimeo Video Manager.
- The migrated videos will retain any titles and video descriptions that may have been set within your Vimeo or Livestream account. Unfortunately no other information will pass through at this time.
- Any video categorization that had been performed within your Vimeo or Livestream account will not be included when the content migration is performed.
Need to migrate more than just videos from an existing Vimeo account, like folders or team members? Check out our account consolidation process for existing Vimeo accounts here.
2) What if I don’t have a Vimeo or a Livestream account?
If you currently have content hosted on a third party, we are able to migrate this content as long as you have a public accessible URL where the file is hosted. In order to run this process, we will need a CSV containing a list of videos including columns for:
- A publicly accessible url where the file is hosted