About Roku Apps powered by Vimeo OTT
Vimeo OTT builds and supports branded apps on Roku devices! To get started, reach out to your account manager now.
How does this work?
- Like branded apps powered by Vimeo OTT across other platforms, the Vimeo team will work with you to build a branded app solutions available in your Roku Developer Account, featuring your content, assets and metadata.
What is required to set it up?
- Once you’ve built a channel on Vimeo OTT, we’ll first need to be invited to your Roku Developer Account with the proper permissions. Then, you will need to send us the graphics and branding intended to be used.
I have to invite you to my Roku Developer Account?
- Yes! This will allow your apps to be published under your name and greatly increase visibility within the Roku Channel Store. Additionally, payments will go directly to you!
- Our Apps team would not be able to configure your Developer Account directly for use. This portion still requires your intervention - but we’re available to offer guidance where we can!
How will my users find the app?
- Users will be able to search for your Roku application in the Roku Channel Store.
Is my app free to download for users?
- Your app will be free to download by users in the Roku Channel Store and can support in-app subscriptions to your channel.
Can my users subscribe on the app?
- Yes! Your users will be able to subscribe to your service directly in the apps on their Roku devices. Additionally, users who purchased on the web or another application will have cross-platform access to their subscription by using their login credentials created at the point of purchase to access content and vice-versa.
How much does Roku take per subscription?
- During a subscriber’s tenure, Roku charges 20% of the revenue from their subscription per month/year. Unlike other application platforms, the 20% value does not change. Further information on Roku’s transaction fees can be found here.
Are there any device limitations?
- Yes, unfortunately, older products and operating systems are unable to receive the necessary updates to continue offering a quality user-experience that your audience deserves. Our apps are supported on the below operating system versions (subject to change as newer operating systems are released):
- Roku Generation 3 and up
How can I track app performance?
- Roku keeps their analytics in the Roku Developer Dashboard console, under ‘View Analytics’. This data is not exposed in the OTT CMS platform. Further information can be found by following the link above.
How can I track in-app sales?
- Roku keeps in-app subscription sales information detailed within their ‘View Analytics’ section within the Roku Developer console. Further information can be found here.
- Additionally, you would be able to determine how many users are coming from Roku by exporting a ‘Customers’ .csv from within your CMS.
How can I promote my app in the Roku Channel store?
Once your applications are available for your review, you should begin to consider how to frame the metadata surrounding your store listing. You should want your application to be easily surfaced for users. Here are a few priorities to keep in mind:
- Optimize Your Keywords - Arguably the most important aspect to consider, keywords will be the words and phrases that people navigating the Roku Channel store will use to search for your application.
- Have a Catchy Description - Generally, users are not inclined to select ‘More’ when viewing your application description. Try to have the first paragraph catch the user’s eye and give them a reason as to why your application stands out above the rest.
- Have a Striking App Icon - Similar to the above, your application icon should be something that makes a user stop scrolling and start clicking-through to read more!
- Roku Self-Serve Promotion Program - This tool enables users to purchase targeted ads on the Roku home screen. Roku provides further information on the benefits and costs of this program, located here.