Implementing Deep Linking in Your Vimeo OTT Apps
Create A Branch Account
- Head to branch.io and sign up for an account.
Send Us your Branch Key
- Navigate to your Account Settings, and grab your Branch ID which is the first key on the Profile tab.
- Contact your Vimeo Solutions TPM or OTT Technical Support rep (here!) to tell them you'd like to add this key in your apps to enable deep linking in your OTT Branded Apps.
- Having trouble? Grant us access to your account by following these steps.
Gather Your Assets in Your Vimeo OTT Admin
- Go to the SITE ADMIN for channel and find the COLLECTION or VIDEO you wish to link to
- Click "Edit" and note of the ID that appears in the url: i.e. /admin/collections/####/edit
- Open yoursite.vhx.tv/browse and find the collection or video you are linking to, copy the full URL to this asset(i.e. yoursite.com/collection-name or yoursite.vhx.tv/collection-tion/season:1/videos/episode-1)
Create Your Deep Link:
- Sign in to Branch.io account.
- Choose the appropriate project from the left sidebar
Create Your Link
- Select CreateLink in the top right corner of the page. The below page will open:
- Name your link.
- Provide the Web URL from Step 1c.
- Associate the link with a Facebook or Twitter campaign, if/when relevant.
- Click "ConfigureOptions."
- Click "MoreData" to add a key / value pair to the link
- For Collections, provide a key of "collection" and the value from Step 1b.
- For Videos, provide a key of "video" and the value from Step 1b.
- Click "MoreData" again and add a key / value pair with key of "campaign" and a value that is relevant - e.g. "branch_campaignname."
- Under the Options tab, select the Redirects tab and change the Default Redirect to "Web URL.”
- Click "CreateLinkNow."
- Copy the newly created link and you're set.
If you wish to test this link, email email@example.com the link and open gmail on our testing devices for iOS and Android. Visiting the link on the web should take you straight to the collection or video
If you want to leverage the deep linking and without using Branch, the structure is as the following:
`url_scheme://video/id` or `url_scheme://collection/id`
You can even do: `url_scheme://collection/id/video/id` or `url_scheme://collection/id/season/id/video/id`
All IDs are the VHX object ID (if it’s a collection, `collection_id`; if it’s a video, `video_id` )
As an example, this would be: