Enabling A Custom Domain
You can use your Showcase as your primary domain (yoursite.com) or as a subdomain (watch.yoursite.com).
- Register your Domain:
- If you don’t already own a domain or want to use a subdomain from your existing website, purchase a domain from a registrar. There are multiple services available, but some of the most popular are GoDaddy, DreamHost.com, name.com, or 1and1.com. Alternately, you can set up a subdomain on your existing site.
- Update your CNAME Record:
- For primary domains, find the CNAME record and point ‘www’ to 'vimeoshowcase.com'
- For subdomains, point the subdomain value CNAME to 'vimeoshowcase.com'. Note that for subdomains, you may use any value that is appended to your subdomain, such as 'watch' or 'tv'
- Set the A Record: (For Primary Domains Only. If you are using a Subdomain, skip this step)
- When setting an A record, follow your registrar's instructions to set the domain’s A-Record to 126.96.36.199.
- Update your Showcase settings:
- Next, head to your Showcase Settings. Under "Destinations" on the left, click on "Web". Toggle from “Layout” to “Domain” and click “Connect a domain you already own.” Input the domain here.
- Test your new Showcase domain:
- Open a new browser window and navigate to the domain or subdomain you just set up. You should now see your Showcase! Note that it may take up to 72 hours for these changes to take effect across the web.