About Amazon Fire TV
About Amazon Fire TV Apps powered by Vimeo OTT
Vimeo OTT builds and supports branded apps on Amazon Fire TV devices! To get started, reach out to your account manager now.
How does this work?
- Like branded apps powered by Vimeo OTT across other platforms, the Vimeo team will work with you to build a branded app solutions available in your Amazon Developer Account, featuring your content, assets and metadata.
What is required to set it up?
- Once you’ve built a channel on Vimeo OTT, we’ll first need to be invited to your Amazon Developer Account with the proper permissions. Then, you will need to send us the graphics and branding intended to be used.
I have to invite you to my Amazon Developer Account?
- Yes! This will allow your apps to be published under your name and greatly increase visibility within the Amazon App Store.
- Our Apps team would not be able to configure your Developer Account directly for use. This portion still requires your intervention - but we’re available to offer guidance where we can!
How will my users find the app?
- Users will be able to search for your Amazon Fire TV application in the Amazon App Store.
Is my app free to download for users?
- Your app will be free to download by users in the Amazon App Store
Can my users subscribe on the app?
- Yes! Your users will be able to subscribe to your service directly in the apps on their Fire TV devices. Additionally, users who purchased on the web or another application will have cross-platform access their subscription by using their login credentials created at the point of purchase to access content and vice-versa.
How much does Amazon take per subscription?
- During a subscriber’s tenure, Amazon charges 20% of the revenue from their subscription per month/year. This is because Vimeo OTT applications fall under the 'Movies & TV' category. You can read more details about Amazon's revenue share policy under the Royalty section of their Developer Services Agreement.
Are there any device limitations?
- Yes, unfortunately, older products and operating systems are unable to receive the necessary updates to continue offering a quality user-experience that your audience deserves. Our apps are supported on the below operating system versions (subject to change as newer operating systems are released):
- Amazon Fire TV - All generations
- The Amazon Fire TV application is not supported on Amazon Kindle e-reader devices.
How can I track app performance?
- Amazon keeps their analytics in the Amazon Developer Console, under ‘Reporting’. This data is not exposed in the OTT CMS platform. Further information can be found by following the link above.
How can I promote my app in the Amazon App store?
Once your applications are available for your review, you should begin to consider how to frame the metadata surrounding your store listing. You should want your application to be easily surfaced for users. Here are a few priorities to keep in mind:
- Optimize Your Keywords - Arguably the most important aspect to consider, keywords will be the words and phrases that people navigating the Amazon App store will use to search for your application.
- Have a Catchy Description - Generally, users are not inclined to select ‘More’ when viewing your application description. Try to have the first paragraph catch the user’s eye and give them a reason as to why your application stands out above the rest.
- Have a Striking App Icon - Similar to the above, your application icon should be something that makes a user stop scrolling and start clicking-through to read more!