Apple (iOS and tvOS)
How to Set Up Your Apple Developer Accounts
This guide will walk you through the steps you need to take to set up your App Store Connect account which will allow you to maintain a professional and totally white labeled appearance on the Apple App Store for iOS and tvOS apps. Complete these steps only if you've purchased an iOS and/or tvOS app.
1. Create an Apple ID: First you’ll need an Apple ID. If you already use Apple devices or have ever purchased something from iTunes or the App Store, then you probably already have an Apple ID. If not, go create one here.
2. Enroll for a developer Account: Now you’ll need to enroll for a developer account.
It will ask you if you want to enroll as an Individual or an Organization. You should enroll as an Organization (even if you’re just an Individual, you MUST choose Organization)
- Apple developer account enrollment does costs an annual fee of $99. This is charged by Apple directly to you.
- You'll need a D-U-N-S number to create a developer account. Apple has instructions on how to get one. This process will take 7-10 business days.
3. Add Vimeo to your App Store Connect account: App Store Connect is the dashboard where you manage apps, see analytics, payments, and more. Adding Vimeo to your team will allow us to manage app store submission, updates, and subscription pricing on your behalf.
- Visit the App Store Connect Users and Access page
- Add Vimeo as a User with the below details:
- First Name: VHX
- Last Name: Apps
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Click “Next”
- Upgrade "VHX Apps" User to Admin
- Select the "VHX Apps" User
- Scroll down to the “Roles”
- Click on permissions
- Select Admin
- Click “Save
- Grant "VHX Apps" User access to "Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles"
- Select the "VHX Apps" User
- Scroll down to the "Developer Resources" section
- Check the box "Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles" this will give us access to the certificates portal
- Click "Save"
4. Complete your Paid Applications Agreement - Setting up Tax (For apps providing paid subscriptions only)
- If your app will not contain subscriptions, proceed to step 5.
- If you will be offering paid subscriptions in your app then visit the Agreements, Tax, and Banking section App Store Connect.
- U.S. tax forms must be completed for ALL developers, even if you are based outside the U.S.
- For any questions related to completing tax forms, please ask Apple here.
- Find the "Paid Applications" line and to the right you will see an "Action" items section
- Click "Set Up Tax, Banking, and Contacts" link.
- Complete all of the required fields to submit your "Paid Applications Agreement"
- Note: Apple requires all contact roles to be filled in in order to successfully submit your contract. If needed, you can add the same contact information to multiple roles in order to complete this section.
5. Alert your Technical Program Manager: Almost done! Once the above is complete, email your TPM at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name of your developer account (as shown below) to confirm setup and access of your Apple Developer account.